The CFAI organise five competitions on an annual basis;
- CFAI UMBRO Colleges Cup
- CFAI UMBRO Colleges Plate
- CFAI B Teams Cup
- CFAI Robert Eustace Cup
- CFAI Robert Eustace Shield
The CFAI UMBRO Colleges Cup is open to all CFAI teams that participate in the CUFL Premier Division and Division one
The CFAI UMBRO Colleges Plate is open to all teams that are eliminated from the first round of the CFAI UMBRO Colleges Cup or CFAI B Team Cup.
The CFAI B Team Cup is open to all second teams of CFAI clubs in the CUFL Division 1, 2, 3 and 4.
The CFAI Robert (Bob) Eustace Cup is open to all CFAI teams (excluding B teams) that participate in the CUFL Division 2, 3 and 4. Teams who are in Year 1 of their CFAI membership and do not play in the CUFL also enter this competition.
The CFAI Robert (Bob) Eustace Shield is open to all teams that are eliminated in the first round of the Robert Eustace Cup.
1.Whose responsibility is it to report the result? It is the responsibility of the home team to email or text( to the address above) the result within 24hours of the match ending.
2 Where do we sent the match card? Completed match cards and any referees report are to be sent to Paddy Gallagher, Sports Officer, Letterkenny IT, Port Road, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
3. What happens in the event of the match ending a draw? In the event of extra time 10mins each way will be played, following that a peno shootout (5 penalties each, followed by sudden death)
4.How many subs can we use? You can use 5 substitutes from a list of 7.
5. Do we need 3 officals? No, as opposed to previous years only 1 official will be required for the first 2 rounds of Umbro Cup games.
6. What match card do we use? The Third Level Football Matchcard
7. Do we have to use Umbro Balls? YES, it is a requirement that all teams use Umbro match balls for all league & cup competitions. Failure to do so will result in sanction against the home team.
8. Do we go into the plate if we lose in Round 2 of a cup? No, only teams that lose in round 1 will go into the Umbro Plate
9. Do we go into the plate if we got a bye in Round 1 and lose that 1st game? No only teams that lose in Round 1 go into the plate.
All queries relating to the CFAI Cup Competitions can be directed towards the Competition Officer, Paddy Gallagher email@example.com 086-8830997 074-9186810